you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Friday, February 26, 2010

i just couldn't.


i wanted to tell the whole world,
about my love for you.
but i just couldn't.
i wanted to dance my love,
sing it or write a poem,
but i just couldn't.
i dreamed a fantastic dream,
of me in your arms,
and a long warm kiss.
i wanted the cat to answer me back,
when i held her and called your name,
but she just couldn't.
i tried to tell my sister,
about my love for you,
so that her big eyes could look at me,
the way i want you to,
but she was asleep,
so i just couldn't.

my folks say I'm too young to be falling in love,
i tried to change my heart,
to make my mind stop thinking about you so much.
BUT I JUST COULDN'T.

i wrote your name on all the paper of my diary.
i took a letter i wrote you to the mailbox.
BUT, I JUST COULDN'T.


this is a poem by HASNA MUHAMMAD. just wanted to share it with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment