you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the fresh air of victory


as the sun sets,

sweat trickled down my forehead, my back.

the grip on my ball remains,

as the soft thud thud rhythm filled the court.

i looked around.

there were my friends, my teammates, my comrades,

my family cheering at the bench,

calling out my name,

dashing around, meeting eye to eye.

i saw the lines, the 3 pointers, the centre of the circle.

oh, the lines are strong indicators,

then, i saw my goal.

the net, the board with a small square painted above the net,

my aim!

i inhaled deeply, feeling the oxygen seeping in my blood vessels,

propelling my muscles to work.

and there,

i ran, and dribbled the ball beside me,

chasing out those who try to stop me,

guarded b the strong fort of my team,

and i shot.

WHOOSH....

the ball entered neatly.

there was a stunned silence,

before the mega outburst from my team,

then, i felt myself, rose to the air,

smelling the fresh air of victory.



hey there!

basketball has always been my passion. so, here, i shared the feelings when i play it, and how i adapt the game into my life. as you may read, i put my friends and family inside, the strong pillars in my life. without their support, i might crumble to pieces today. as for the lines mentioned, (the lines drawn on the court), i see those as my challenges. you know, in every game, there's always limits and rules. true, in my life, i find myself to keep my toes on the line though i may have crossed them a time too many. :) but, these lines are a reminder that i have pushed myself to achieve the best within the range of my abilities. they are also reminders of mistakes and failures that i have faced. not that they'll bring me down, they bring me lessons of life. then, the goal. the aim. the whoosh sound as the ball entered. that indicates my aims, my dreams. some of the goals, i haven't achieved yet but i'm proud to say that i've given myself a few beautiful shots and scored well. and i can assure you, the air of victory is indeed wonderful.

i don't just play basketball, i live it. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment