you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Monday, March 28, 2011

If I die young...

Just listened to this song by The Band Perry. Pretty siblings and the vocalist has a wonderful voice.

I first heard the song in Glee. and I find it somehow soothing. not in an emo way, but in a very peaceful way. the message is not about death. you gotta listen to it to get it. hehe...

And listening to that song leads me to write this post.

What happens if I were to die tomorrow?

Calm down. this is not any suicidal note or any form of emo post. but really, just think, what happens after we die?

Think of the people we care about. Think of the people we've hurt. think of those strangers that you once smiled at or glared? I don't know. People. Mortals. Family. Friends. all around us.

Weirdly, I even think about who will handle my Facebook account, my Yahoo n Gmail, even this blog? My bank account, my future car, my future house, my future children.

Plus, as a Muslim, cukupkah my ibadah to go meet God? am i ready to face Him with all my sins? do I even think and repent of what I've done?

Also, think about the things that you wanna do, but realizing you haven't done yet.

The fact that you don't know when and how you will die has a lulling element about the afterlife, always need to be reminded by the death around us via our family, relatives or even friends. I've experienced both and then realizing that I've had friends who were younger than me that just passed away.

That is why there's a famous quote that my teachers always use when I was in school. "Work like you'll live for a thousand years, but perform your ibadah like you'll die tomorrow"

have I even try to live like this?

1 comment:

  1. aku selalu fikir cmni.not being emo or whatever..just terfikir.hidup mati kite tak tau kn?

    ReplyDelete