you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love

Learnt about love in class today. from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

basically, in my interpretation, it's about homosexual love between Gilgamesh n Enkidu (i'll leave u two to read about these two). but it's not the point. read below.

it's pretty wonderful when my professor came up with this question, "has anyone of you ever fallen in love??". NOBODY raised their hands including me. maybe it's just an embarassing moment when people just won't admit that they're vulnerable and their hearts are at someone's mercy.

we discussed about how love can change people, in this epic's context, to be better. and indeed, i must agree that love DOES open up my VULNERABILITY, i need my loved ones all the time and it will hurt me badly if anything happen to anyone that i care about. but vulnerability here is not a negative meaning. it shows that you're humane, and you have emotions. i used to be cynical, to be so anti-men, believing that they are horrible creatures that God created to oppress women. (i know in Islam we're equal and all, still, i gotta admit, n Yusuf knows about how feminist i can be), my views are somehow contaminated with bad relationships, divorces, guys being jerks, in short, TRUST and LOVE are for those who are lucky enough to have them.

what i understood was, love, is a God's gift. true, it can hurt you, it can cause you to be irrational and it can give the ultimate happiness or devastation in your life. this is vulnerable. this is being human. these are our emotions.

so, if we deny LOVE, we're denying our very own existence and nature. don't deny that you've fallen in love. or fallen OUT of love. or faced rejection. or simply accepted but then it didn't turn out like waht u expected. don't worry if you're hurt once or twice or in my case, thrice, but despite my cynical ways, my faith helped me open up to someone who doesn't believe and trust people before either.

i dunno why m sharing this thing with u, nabilah and Iqbal (can't really talk about love to my sisters coz they're still in school..=.="). maybe i just wanted to say, i'm glad i know how to love. with all my heart (shared with the love of God, parents, siblings, relatives, friends).

muahx! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment