you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

essays

just got my essay for my social book review today. the grade? let's just say, it's not my best. and i could have done better. even for my cultural class, my essay was disappointing. but it's ok. i can do this. maybe i'm still adjusting to the new environment where every subject is not scientifically objective and has many twists and turns to approach.

i need to write like everything in essay form. for social, for cultural, for WRITING (naturally) class and my fave econs too.

coming here, i realized that my English actually became worse. i'm pretty freaked out when they, especially the professors, keep on saying that, it's ok ,we understand that you don't come from an English speaking country or English is your second language or third language. somehow, i just don't get it. are we (or am i ) really that stupid that my grammar is disastrous or my word choices are just too complex for non-English people like us? they said that, ah yess....u r indeed intelligent but we might need to send you to an English intensive program. Now, I do NOT mind at all going there to ask for the professor to read my essays and i must say, i was pretty impressive. i get the benefit that other so-called English speaking kids don't. i get extra attention and that advantage is totally for my gain. :) hehehehe....

thinking back, am i intimidated by my international friends who speak English better despite coming from China, Korea and so on? or is it maybe because they had their American education style ever since they live in the US? or is it just me again, being insecure of myself.

blaaaa..blaaa..blaaaa.....get it out of your head, girl. think of your strength. and conquer your weaknesses. (better stop before i ramble on)

No comments:

Post a Comment