you are what you read.

i may write my views.
that might appeal to yours.
or even oppose to your beliefs.
i may write my heart out.
to let your hearts know that i, too, know.
i may write long, or short.
i may write jargons.
but words are never jargons to me.
you may succeed to despise my words,
or fail to hide the sense you get in them.
try as you might, do your very best, for trying is living.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

happiness comes from within

did you know why when we were young carefree little kids we can smile and laugh as if there's nothing wrong in this world?
because we didn't care that much back then.
we can simply laugh at nothing.
yet we still feel happy.
as we grow up, we are burdened with responsibilities,
expectations, anxiety and many other so-called miseries we face daily.
we smile less let alone laugh.
happiness is no longer a constant thing when stress and frustration fill our days.

but did you also know, that we can always be happy?
really constantly?
try this.
everyday, i will look into the mirror, after i wake up or taking my bath,
i will smile.
not some made up smile, but sincerely smile.
i will vainly admire my dimples especially the deeper one at my right cheek.
because i feel good seeing myself so happy.
look at how your fresh face in the morning lights up when you smile.
i always do this.
even when i feel i got up at the wrong side of the bed.

i feel good because i smiled to myself.
it's not much different from smiling at others,

but this smile has a rather personal touch,
as you are actually smiling at your soul,
embracing a new day of life.

happiness really comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment